Exclusive Services. Powerful Wisdom. Connected Talent & Resources.
Financial Confidence™ values your business and we thank you for your trust in choosing our firm. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us.
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Your Rights as they Pertain to your Personal Information
You have the right to:
- know why an organization collects, uses or discloses your personal information.
- expect an organization to handle your information reasonably and to not use it for any other purpose other than the one to which you consented.
- know who in an organization is responsible for protecting your information
- expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
- expect an organization to destroy your information when requested or when no longer required for the intended original purpose.
- confidentiality from an organization about how it handles your information and to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, if need be.
How we Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
When you do business with us, you share personal information* so that we may provide you with products and services that best meet your needs. We assume your consent allows our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner. We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner
- Assess your application for investment, insurance and other services available to you by our firm
- Evaluate claims and underwriting risks when required
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Analyze business results
- Act as required or authorized by law
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information*
All employees, associated advisors and suppliers who are granted access to client records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purpose intended. This expectation is clearly communicated. We’ve also established physical and systems safeguards, along with proper processes, to protect client information from unauthorized access or use. We do not sell client information to anyone; nor do we share client information with organizations outside of our relationship with you.
*Personal information of an identifiable individual cannot be collected, used or disclosed without the individual‘s knowledge and consent (except in limited circumstances such as life-threatening situations, legal investigations or debt recovery).
Personal information is defined as any information about an individual other than their name, title, business address and phone number. Information is personal if it can be attributed to a specific individual, either directly or indirectly, by reference to an identification number or one or more factors specific to his or her psychological, economic, cultural or society identity.
Personal information includes:
- Medical and financial records
- Credit and loan records
- Employee files, evaluations and disciplinary records
- Documented disputes between consumer and merchant
- Intentions or indications to acquire goods or services.
You may withdraw your privacy consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested products or services. We may occasionally use your personal information to advise you of products or services we believe may be of interest to you or fit your personal circumstances. If you would rather not receive this type of communication, please advise our Privacy Officer.
If you’d like to know more about our Privacy Agreement, or have any questions about how we manage your personal information, please contact our privacy officer, Eryn Denroche, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 629-2853. You can also get in touch with our privacy officer at:
850-1185 W. Georgia St.
Please reach out to us if you have any comments, questions, or concerns about this policy or your personal information.